Article directories are websites that house free articles. These articles are usually put there by whoever owns the copyright to them as a promotion method. Each article has the owners byline placed under it so that those who eventually read the article will know who wrote it (or at least who owns it) and will be able to get in contact with or visit their website for further information.
Articles directories are a great place to put your articles so that they will make you money. By using this method, people who are interested in your product or service will see your article, view you as an expert in the subject, and will visit your website.
Let’s take a real life example. Imagine that you are an accountant working from home. You write an article on an accounting topic and place it on various article directories. Those who are looking for the subject you wrote about will read your article, see that you have the knowledge and skill that is needed to do a job for them, and visit your website or contact you via e-mail. Your article just gained you a new client who may not use your services regularly, but will definitely give you a nice profit at least once.
Furthermore, since you have posted it on a free article directory, others who have affiliate websites about accounting will inevitably use your article for their website. Since they must attach your byline to it, this will bring you even more exposure for every website that re-posts your article. This because you will be benefiting off of the traffic that they get on their website.
There are numerous article directories out there for you to utilize. Your bet best is to put a copy of each of your articles on a selection of your choosing for maximum exposure. It will eventually help to bring more traffic and customers to your website, which will lead to new orders and more profit.
The secrets to article submission and the options:
1. You can search article directories and go to each site and fill out the forms and register and manually send articles to each site. You will need to maintain a password for all of your directories and don't forget to bookmark them all.
2. You will find companies that will do article submissions for you for a price.
3. You will find companies that will give you a comprehensive list of article submission sites and/or article distribution lists.
3. You can purchase programs that will do this for you.
Article Submitter is the best of both worlds - you can start out with the free version (which submits to 85 sites), or you can upgrade to 688 sites for $97.
Some additional tips
1. If the goal of your article is to drive traffic to your site then have 2 or 3 active links in your resource box.
2. If the goal of your article is to build your opt-in list then have 1 active link in your resource box.