1. I love being home with my kids, but need to get back in the "money" world again.
2. I love chocolate, ice cream and cookies
3. I have way too many cookbooks and I'm not the greatest cook, I have gotten better.
4. A distant relative of my invented or brought Rump Roast to the market
5. I love taking walks to think, relax and exercise, they always clear my head.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
I have a quick and easy dinner that doesn't take much work and has been a crowd favorite so far.
You will need
1 Roast of choice
1 Jar of Gardinaire ( I do NOT recommend the hot)
Cheese of choice ( I use provolone)
Put the roast in the crockpot cover with gardinaire, set on low and let cook 9-10 hours as you get near the end of the cook time take a large fork and start pulling the meat apart to use for the sandwiches.
Heat up the over to 350 open the sandwiches and place on a cookie sheet with a piece or two of cheese and warm, toast in over.
To complete put the pulled meat on the bread and serve with your favorite side.
Well lets see
1. I can survive on no sleep and no coffee, but not on the same day.
2. You WILL always love your children no matter what.
3. Strawberry milk puke doesn't come out of the carpet (we have 3 stain spots now, I guess I should stop with the stawberry.
4. Your life IS changed forever
5. Your children will find the pens, markers, ect no matter where you hide them.
Yep it's that time again, well tomorrow. Time to show appreciation for our mothers, now that I am a mother it has taken on a whole new meaning.
In the past I have always stuck to just honoring the "mother's" in my life, after all there is a grandparents day. So of course to all the mother's I know my mother, mother-in-law, friends, sisters ect... Kudos to all of you and all that you do.
But, this year it's a little different as my grandmother passed away a few months back, so I will do my best to honor her here today. Although I honored her as my grandmother, to be honest most of my life she was my second mother. We spent most of our summers at their home in Arkansas and they spent most holidays and many other times visiting and helping my family. She was a warm, loving, talented woman, who was always there with a gentle hug or nudge when needed. She was an excellent seamstress, doll clothes and our clothes too (until the styles got too outrageous for her). She could make a mean Thanksgiving dinner or any other dinner for that matter. She will always be an important part of my life and someone that I look up to and admire. She left behind a husband, 2 children, 5 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren and she always had love and kindness for us all. She never forgot a birthday or special occasion. So here's to you Grandma on Mother's day, sorry for all the years I left you out.
Mother's Day fine jewelry gift ideas.
Best-of-the-Best unique Mother's Day gift baskets at GourmetGiftBaskets.com!
Mother's Day Flowers